Managing complex programmes in an increasingly challenging environment - Part 1
This is to announce PIPMG’s next in-person event, in November 2023. The topic will be spread in two parts over this meeting and another in May 2024. The Objectives of this first
This is to announce PIPMG’s next in-person event, in November 2023.
The topic will be spread in two parts over this meeting and another in May 2024.
The Objectives of this first event are:
- Understand how changes in innovation are driving changes in product development
- Gain insights into complexities of patient pathways and considerations relating to the development of complex therapeutics
- Take learnings from a case study in overcoming recruitment challenges
- Learn about the regulatory opportunities available for ATMPs
- Learn about the technologies and tools that can be applied to manage complex projects
- Understand the complexities around incorporating development of a companion diagnostic in parallel with product development
- Discuss opportunities and network with colleagues at interactive project management workshop
This event is now bookable, at the early bird price until 3rd November 2023.
Note that charity organisations may take advantage of the early bird price at any time (contact us to apply).
Note also that you may book the second event in May 2024 at a further 20% reduction of the stated price, if you book for the November event. You will need to contact us to arrange.
Finally to note: some of the speakers in the Agenda below are not yet fully confirmed, but we will update in coming weeks.
Speakers for this event
VP Cell & Gene Therapy
PPD (Thermo Fisher)
VP Cell & Gene Therapy
- november 28, 2023
- 09:30 am Introduction to PIPMG and UCB09:30 am- 09:50 amAgenda, HousekeepingSpeakers: Pauline Stewart-Long, PIPMG Committee
- 09:50 am How innovation and complex therapeutics are changing the development paradigm09:50 am- 10:25 amSpeakers: Dan Swerdlow
-How is the industry changing?
-What is making development of a therapeutic more complex or is it?
- 10:25 am Complex Patient Pathways in Rare Disease - the recruitment conundrum10:25 am- 11:00 amSpeakers: Panteli Theocharous
Clinical challenges and opportunities
-Complex logistics in ATMPs
-How to find ‘rare’ patients
-Recruitment & retention strategies
- 11:00 am Regulatory Opportunities and Challenges11:00 am- 11:30 amSpeakers: TBA
Regulatory pathways (RMAT, BTD, PRIME etc)
- 11:30 am Coffee Break11:30 am- 11:45 am
- 11:45 am Challenges in developing a companion diagnostic in parallel to therapeutic -what does this mean for the program? Case study11:45 am- 12:15 pm
- Introduction to Sponsor
-Overcoming clinical, quality, regulatory challenges
-Added value: increasing probability of success for successful payor negotiations
- 12:15 pm Intro to Workshop 112:15 pm- 12:35 pmSpeakers: TBA
Short intro to each topic 3 x 5 mins plus buffer
- 12:35 pm Workshop 1- What is the Future? AI, parallel developments and other opportunities12:35 pm- 13:10 pmSpeakers: PIPMG Committee
Artificial Intelligence, parallel developments (diagnostics or related assets) and other platform opportunities
- 13:10 pm Networking lunch13:10 pm- 13:55 pmBoard Room
- 13:55 pm Workshop 1 Output from group discussions13:55 pm- 14:20 pmSpeakers: PIPMG Committee
Discussion 5mins per group plus 10 mins
- 14:20 pm Overcoming challenges with methodology: a case study in rare disease14:20 pm- 14:50 pmSpeakers: TBA
Case study Waterfall / Agile project management methodologies
- 14:50 pm Intro to Workshop 214:50 pm- 15:05 pm2 x 6 mins plus bufferSpeakers: TBA
- 15:05 pm WORKSHOP 2: Agile decisions. Applying project management techniques and tools to manage more complex projects15:05 pm- 15:40 pmSpeakers: PIPMG Committee
Decision Frameworks, Agile adaptions
- 15:40 pm Coffee break15:40 pm- 15:55 pm
- 15:55 pm WORKSHOP 2: Output from group discussions15:55 pm- 16:20 pmSpeakers: PIPMG Committee
Discussion 5 mins per group plus 10 mins
- 16:20 pm Overhaul of Program Management to meet the new challenges16:20 pm- 16:45 pmProgress to dateSpeakers: TBA
- 16:45 pm Successfully Navigating the challenges of Advanced Therapies16:45 pm- 16:50 pmSpeakers: Jacqueline Abbas, Keith Rodgers, Pauline Stewart-Long
Summary Key takeaways
- 16:55 pm Wrap up and details upcoming events16:55 pm- 17:00 pmSpeakers: Jacqueline Abbas, Keith Rodgers, Pauline Stewart-Long
- 17:00 pm TBC - Meeting networking reception17:00 pm- 18:00 pm
(Tuesday) 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
208 Bath Road, Slough, SL1 3XE